Junior High Performance Program
The Junior Mountaineer High Performance Program is the highest level program that caters for the top tier of athletes within the association.
This program is by invitation only, with players to be nominated by representative coaches using selection criteria.
A final decision will be made by a selection panel.
This program is designed for those athletes with the requisite basketball intelligence, skills and abilities to progress to higher levels, matched with an outstanding work ethic and a desire to excel.
The program includes:
- Strength and Conditioning training
- Speed and Agility training
- Mental toughness training
- Small group training sessions on technical and tactical skills development
- Individual Performance Plan
- 1 x 2 hour sessions per week
- 10 week program
- Appropriate age groupings
Commitment from Athletes:
- Attend all training sessions and complete their own skill development activities.
- Demonstrate their commitment to Toowoomba Mountaineers and desire to excel to next level.
- Must be an active and financial playing TBA member.
- Expected to play basketball for the Toowoomba Mountaineers in the upcoming representative season.
- Registration & Medical History & Authorisation forms to be completed upon invitation.
Coaches will include QBL imports and local players and QBL coaches, supported by Senior and Junior representative coaches. There will be regular monitoring and evaluation of player progression and results.
VENUE: Clive Berghofer Arena, St Mary’s (for most sessions)
STARTS: 23 April 2017 – TERM 2
TRAINING: Sundays 3pm – 5.00pm
COST: $250 per player
INCLUDES: 10 SESSIONS – Athletic skills training – Technical skills training – Tactical skills training – Coaching by Senior (QBL) & Junior Toowoomba Mountaineers Representative Coaches and QBL Senior Mountaineers
QBL SEASON PASS to Toowoomba Home Games
Complete the Registration Form – by 16th of April 2017.
Complete the Medical History & Authorisation Form – Medical History & Authorisation by 16th of April 2017.
Submit completed Registration & Medical Authorisation Forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Toowoomba Basketball Association, 235 Herries Street, Toowoomba Qld 4350.
Contact Junior Mountaineers Chairperson Darryl Allen at the junior rep email or phone 0439 818 851 for queries or further information.